Enough is enough. The past month has kicked my butt. Sickness has plagued our house and I don't know how to get rid of it! We are just passing it back and forth between each other. I've taken more trips to instacare than I even want to think about. I just hope that we can soon kick this stuff and get back to being healthy.
Poor Garrett has seen the bulk of the illness between fevers, chicken pox and croupe. The poor kid just can't fight off illnesses. Hannah has also had the fever with a cough, however her's didn't last near as long (thank goodness). Now, poor Dylan and Ryan are trying to fight off the mean virus and I'm just hoping that I can avoid it. However, I'm not sure how I'm going to given I've pretty much been confined to my house for the last month surrounded by all the germs. I'm at my witts end with all of this and I'm ready to pack up and move out.
Being sick during the holidays is just miserable. It's been hard getting into the holiday season because we've missed out on so many of the fun traditions and get togethers. I've tried entertaining the kids with projects and baking goodies, but I only have so many creative ideas. So, if anyone out there has a great craft or activity for kids that may help pass the time, please send them my way.
Anyway, I don't have a whole lot of exciting news to share this week except Ryan suprised me and came home a day early from his trip. What an angel! Also, I want to apologize to anyone that has had to hear me complain about my woes lately. I appreciated the listening ear(s). However, starting tomorrow I'm going to focus on the more positive things in life and hope for a better rest of the month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You've certainly seen your fair share and I hope it passes too. I didn't know that G had croupe, poor little guy. The positive part of this is that you all SHOULD be better by Christmas, New Years, and the cruise...I've had my fair share of sick Christmases and it's not fun at all.
Sorry Allie - not the way you want to spend the holidays!
I've had winters like that too. Hang in there. A Cruise is coming and so is spring.
Don't worry I feel the same way. You can always send G this way, he can't give Tage anything he hasn't already had. We're probably sending our sick germs your way.
Post a Comment