But he surprised us with the things he learned and the skills he gained. He really liked his teacher and he enjoyed 'schooling' the other kids in the physical activities. This year was a very positive experience, and he's excited to continue his preschool career as an upperclassman this fall. He was awarded a partial sports scholarship at Youngster University, so that should help with the Ivy-League tuition. I think the bumper stickers are still at the printer's, but we'll make sure grandmas and grandpa get one as soon as possible.
G may not be the most scholastically-minded student out there, but the kid has big plans for himself. In a pre-graduation interview, he told his teacher he wants to be Luke Skywalker when he grows up. My son . . . a Jedi Knight. It makes my heart swell with pride. Some people may laugh at this, but hey! at least he's got real ambition - unlike a fellow classmate who wants to grow up to be a lunch lady.
So way to go G! May this be the first of many - well, at least 15 - more diplomas. And we expect the last couple to be subsidized by athletic scholarships as well, so keep up the good work on all fronts. We love you buddy!


4 comments:
OK. This is the best blog I have read for a while. G is a great kid. A Jedi, huh? His grandpa Bruce would be proud too.
Congrats to G....
It's great to know my little Aniken Skywalker will always have a partner in crime.
Ok, this post seriously made my day worthwhile. First of all, I love that picture, it's classic and he looks so proud of himself. Second, I love the Luke Skywalker ambition. His grandpa Bruce always said if you're going to do something you should do it the best you can so I'm sure he would be proud that G chose Luke over any other 'ol Jedi. Thanks for the post and congrats to G, glad he made it.
What a fun post! This is the first time I have read your blog- so cute. What would be so wrong with a lunch lady? Perhaps the could have sparring matches, one with the ladel and the other the lightsaber.
Post a Comment