Five things you may not know about G:
- He can read! While we have been working with Hannah on reading the past few weeks, G has taken a real interest in reading himself. He really likes to sit down with Ryan or me and try to sound out words. He is getting pretty good at it. He knows all the sounds to the letters and is able to look them over, say them out loud a few times and most of the time figure out the word. It's fun to watch him think about what he's reading. Most people know him for his athletic coordination, but he's also a pretty smart kid.
- G is a picky eater, but he loves spicy foods. One of his favorite snacks is chips and salsa. He has loved them since he was little. He often refuses to eat the yummy dinners I make for him, but he will eat hot salsa all day long. Oh, and he'll also try nearly anything the sample lady at Costco hands him. Go figure!
- Our once sweet, easygoing child has turned into one of the most stubborn three year olds. He will not be forced into doing anything he doesn't want too (like eat his dinner or talk to someone). He is great at giving dirty looks and I'm almost positive that he could win a staring/glaring contest hands down.
- Even though he is quite stubborn, he is also very loveable. One of my favorite attributes about him is he is so forgiving. On those rare occasions that I have had to really get mad at him, and then apologize to him for saying something I shouldn't have, he immediatly forgives me with a big hug and says, "It's ok mom." Then he goes on playing as if nothing ever happened. It makes me wish I was more like him.
- He is great at sharing, especially his food. Everytime we have a treat/snack and Ryan is around, he will ask G if he can have a bite of his. G is always very willing give him some without complaint (not quite like his sister.) :) He is even pretty good about sharing toys most of the time, oh except with Hannah and Dylan.


3 comments:
One of a kind is right, I love this little guy. He always cracks me up--even when he's in the middle of a stare down :) I didn't know he was starting to read already, that's awesome.
G cracks me up. He's so cute and just such a funny little kid. I think he's gonna drive the ladies crazy someday! :) He's got the looks, the personality, the athletics, and apparently now the smarts. Wow.
Thanks for the special tribute to G. I love being around him too. He seldom complains. And it was so cute watching him try to sound words out when we were in California with him.
Post a Comment