Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dylan, Dyl-B, The Huff

Dylan was also blog tagged so, now I am going to write five things you may not know about Dylan.

1. He is accident prone. I honestly can't believe he has made it through the past 20 months without a serious injury. He has fallen off stools, down the stairs, in the shower, and out of grocery carts and never sustained any serious injury. It may sound like I never watch him, but I do. He just thinks he's as big as the rest of the kids and tries to act like it. I believe his motto is "Anything you can do, I can do too." He seems to live a life of "NO FEAR!"

2. Dylan gives the best hugs. One of my favorite things to watch him do is run to give Ryan a hug everyday when he comes home from work. He practically tackles him to the floor. If you have the opportunity to get a hug from him I would highly reccommend it. It will truly brighten your day.

3. Dylan is a drinker. Never leave a drink unattended when he is around. He'll be more than happy to finish it off for you, even if you aren't done with it. We call him the drink thief because he is constantly stealing our drinks and finishing them off. We just hope that no one ever introduces him the hard stuff!

4. He is not a rule follower. He believes many of the rules we have set at home (like eat food only in the kitchen and do not jump or stand on the furniture) don't apply to him. When we tell him not too, he just grins and does it anyway. Then when we tell him to 'come here so I can spank your bum' he walks right over, turns around and takes the punishment like a man. He is going to be a trial. :) He's definately more defiant than the other kids.

5. Last, Dylan loves to dance. His favorite place to dance is in our coffee table. I joke that I hope when he grows up he won't become a table dancer in a club. Fortunately, tap is his specialty, and I don't think there are many exotic male tap dancers. He has a little radio he carries around with him and dances to the music. Anytime he hears good tunes, you can bet he'll be showing off his moves. Like his great grandma Bruce, "he cuts a mean rug".

Dylan is such a fun kid. He is quite different than Hannah and G in that he is much more outgoing and trusting. He isn't 'afraid' of people and loves to play with everyone. He has the cutest laugh and run and is always so happy. I get a kick out of watching him play with his sister and brother. Reading books has become one of this favorite things to do. He is talking more every day. It is so much fun to see him grow and learn. He helps me learn to enjoy the small and simple things in life. I have often wondered why he was sent to our family when he was, and now I know that one reason was to help me learn to enjoy life more and not take for granted the happiness each day brings. He has helped bring our family closer together and we would be incomplete without him.


We love you Dylan!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's true, when you told him to go give me a hug on Sunday I didn't think he would be he ran and tackled me...and it made my day!!! He's so much fun and I'm excited for him to get a little older and start talking more too, he's going to be a riot.

Kay B. Pierce said...

I too love his little hugs. He is so cute and adds to the family unit for sure.
Love him lots.

Carlee Hoopes said...

Dylan cracks me up. And I don't know what you mean about him pushing the limits. He was really good when he stayed with me. He followed directions and shared everything with Maggie. He did take any opportunity to drink out of her sippy though. :)