Sunday, November 23, 2008

What's up!

It's been quite awhile since I've last posted and it seems like life has been crazy! I guess just to update on the past few weeks, this is what we've been up too.


We vacationed to Las Vegas to visit Grandma Bruce and Larry. While we were there we went swimming, to the air show at Nellis Air Force Base, Valley of Fire State Park, shopping and just relaxed. Besides G getting a fever while we were down there, I would say it was another successful trip.


When we got home, Hannah ended up with the mysterious fever and missed preschool, but the rest of us were able to avoid it. Thank goodness!


We enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving dinner at Kay's house with the Bruce family and were lucky enough to see Kay and Larry again.


G went to the Dr. last week for a check up to see why he's been having headaches for the past month or so. As a precaution, the doctor ordered a CT Scan to make sure there wasn't anything going on inside his little head that shouldn't be. All I'm going to say about that is, it was a real treat trying to hold him down on the table long enough to get a few pictures of his head. Let's just say he wasn't real cooperative. The CT scan came back fine, except it did show he has a sinus infection.


Tuesday G showed me a couple of spots on his leg and said they hurt. I thought it might be the beginning of an allergic reaction to the antibiotic he has been taking for his sinus infection and didn't think a whole lot about it. Then on Wednesday night when I bathed him I noticed there were more of the spots. They didn't look like hives, but I still thought it was probably an allergic reaction. I decided to take him to instacare to get checked out just in case. The kind doctor told me it was chicken pox and there would be no Thanksgiving with family for us. Plus, he informed me that I should just plan on my other kids getting them as well. So here's to being housebound for a good part of December. Oh Joy!


Therefore, Thanksgiving day included a make shift turkey dinner with just our little family, putting away fall decorations and putting up Christmas. It was still a nice day, but just not quite the same.


Finally, yesterday was one of my favorite days all year. BLACK FRIDAY!!! I was awake at 4 am with thousands of other shoppers trying to get a good deal on toys, electronics and stuff we just don't need but try to get just for the heck of it. I just love shopping on this day because, unlike other shopping trips, it's all about coming up with a game plan, setting goals to buy all the things on your list and then either accomplishing the goal or coming away empty handed. I must say that I was able to come home with pretty much everything I set out to get. It was GREAT!!!


So after this crazy month we head into December and the countdown to Christmas. The kids are way too excited and seem to be having a little harder time being nice to each other. It may be a long 26 days. Especially since Ryan is going to be gone for 7 of them. I just hope we all make it to Christmas alive. :)

2 comments:

Kay B. Pierce said...

Wow! What a busy month. Maybe December will be a little easier since the shopping is mostly done. No chicken pox on anyone else yet?

Jeff said...

Chicken pox huh? If we had kids I would have come to thanksgiving just to get them over it. Hopefully the other two get them soon so you can get it over with too. Have fun with all the scratching.