Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our little girl is FIVE!!!


This post is a day late, but I want to write to tell Hannah how much we love her. She is such a joy to have in our family. I can't believe it's been five years since we embarked on this crazy journey of parenthood. There are some things I will never forget about having our first child.

The first one is how Ryan reacted when I told him I was pregnant. It was a Sunday, he had just come home from church meetings in the morning. I called him into the bathroom and showed him the test and he was in disbelief. When he realized that it was true, he started crying. Needless to say it made me cry and we just hugged each other.

Another fond memory of our first child was the day she was born. It was 1145 pm Monday, March 1 when my water broke. We had just fallen asleep. I felt a popping feeling and a gush of water. I got out of bed, went into the bathroom to make sure what I was feeling was real and then I walked to Ryan's side of the bed and tapped him on the shoulder. He woke up and I proceeded to tell him that I thought my water had broke and we needed to go to the hospital. I have never seen him move so fast in his life. It was truly like the movies protray it. He hopped out of bed as fast as he could a bit paniked and nervously asking if I was ok. He was trying to get everything ready to go as quickly as possible. I finally had to tell him that he didn't need to be so worried and that we could take a quick breather before we get to anxious. It was really funny.

Anyway, it seems like yesterday that all of that happened. Hannah has gotten so big. She is so smart, sweet and tons of fun. She is an emotional little girl and has very tender feelings. She is a great big sister and a wonderful daughter. She is obedient, happy, independent, tempermental at times (she gets that from me), loving, shy, cute, sweet and the best daughter I could ask for. She loves to snuggle, read books, play with friends and her brothers, go to school, do art projects and spend time with our family. She gives the best heartfelt prayers and has a testimony of the gospel. She knows that her Heavenly Father loves her and she loves him. She says she wants to be a mom when she grows up and she will be a good one. She takes such good care of her animals, babies and brothers. She is so excited to start kindergarten this year. She has been looking forward to it since she was two. She is definately ALL girl and I love it.

Hannah, I want you to know that you are truly loved by your parents and family. It has been such a blessing to have you in our family. You are a great example to all of us and I am thankful you are making good choices in our life. You are such a special little girl and I can't believe that it's been five years since I first held you in my arms. The time has gone by way to fast. I haven't been as good as I should have been about cherishing all of the little moments with you. However, I am thankful for each one of them and I will try to be better about taking time to share more special moments with you in the future.

I love you!!

P.S. Hannah had a pink princess party for her birthday this year. Here are a few pictures from the event.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

She is such a cutie and we love her too. You are one brave soul to have a party with that many little girls! It looks like a lot of fun though.
Happy Birthday Hannah!

Carlee Hoopes said...

She's so cute!!! Happy Birthday Hannah!

Staci Wilson said...

Happy Birthday Hannah!! It looks like you had such a fun princess party!