Last month I had one of those proud parent moments with my kids. Ryan was TDY and I had to wrestle all the kids by myself at church. Usually I don't look forward to this because it ends up being more trouble than it's worth. However, on this particular Sunday the kids were very good. It just happened to be a fast Sunday and about half way through the meeting, G looked up at me and said he wanted to go say his testimony. I didn't think he was serious at first, so I kind of ignored the request. Then a few minutes later he asked again. I proceeded to tell him he could and asked if he wanted help or if he wanted to do it himself. He said he wanted to do it by himself. Anyway, by this time Hannah and Dylan had decided they too wanted to join him. So, all three kids headed up to the stand to share their testimonies. (I must admit I was a little worried. I just wasn't quite sure what would end up coming out of their mouths.) However, they did AWESOME!!! I wrote down what they said.
Hannah:
I know the church is true. I love my family. I love my mom and dad. Amen
Garrett:
I know the church is true. I love my family. Amen
Dylan:
Testimony. Love family. Love mom and dad. Amen
Short, sweet and pretty much exactly like every other child that gets up, but nontheless wonderful. I was so proud of them.
Then, this month Hannah wanted to try it again. Ryan was there to witness it this time and things went a little different.
Hannah:
I love my family. I know God is our prophet and He died for us. Amen.
Sometime between last fast Sunday and this fast Sunday she must have picked up on some false doctorine! :) Apparently we need to work harder at our FHE lessons. lol. However, to her credit, when she came back to the bench she leaned over to me and said, "Mom, I forgot that God was not our prophet." It was still cute and I was still proud she did it. I don't ever remember getting up when I was young to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting. I think it says a lot about her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Very sweet testimonies--and I admire them, I hate getting up there to share mine.
That is so cute. Good for them.
I love those kids that bear thier testimony. So darn cute. They have more guts than me!
Post a Comment