Monday, September 22, 2008

Follow your instincts


You know someone should put warning signs on grocery carts that say "DON'T LET ALL OF YOUR CHILDREN STAND/SIT ON THE SAME END OF THE CART AT THE SAME TIME. IT WILL TIP OVER CAUSING MASS PANIC AND MAJOR EMBARASSMENT!!"
Yes, this did happen to my three kids today at the grocery store. I had just entered Kent's Market and was headed to get some corn. As I turned to grab a sack, I saw out of the corner of my eye two kids falling backwards and our grocery cart with Dylan in it (luckily buckled) crashing down on them. Apparently, Hannah and G decided to hold onto the handle and climb on the cart. Needless to say, the weight of all three of my children was more than the cart could hold. G and Hannah hit their heads on the floor and Dylan hit heads with G. Luckily no one was seriously injured, just a little shaken up. I was quite shaken up myself not to mention a bit embarrassed. Jan Hoch (who many of you know from Weber) just happened to be standing right there as well. She immediately came over to see if everyone was alright. It seemed as if the whole store came to a stop to watch me lift the cart off my crying children. It was one of those, "I'm unfit to be a mother moments." I seem to have plenty of those! Anyway, everyone is fine and I learned that I should stick to my instincts and NOT take all three of my kids to the grocery store. Every time I do it's a disaster!!!

5 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Oh my gosh Allie, that's horrible! I'm so sorry! Bring a few of your kids by before you go grocery shopping. I'll watch them!

Michelle said...

That's so sad! I'm glad everyone is fine but I can imagine how you would be embarrassed, I hate any form of attention on me. Don't worry, I've never once thought you are even remotely close to being unfit to be a mother.

Stacie said...

I'm glad everyone is okay. That is scary. You are one brave woman to take all three to the store. No one was hurt in this incident, but here is an embarrassing grocery store story for you. I had Kaydee with me and she was pushing the cart a few weeks ago. We were in the pop aisle. She pushed the cart into a 12 pack of pop and one of the cans burst and sent pop spewing into the aisle. Of course, there were people around, and most of them went home with orange sticky pop all over their legs. Explain that one. We didn't get sprayed, our cart shielded us, but I was embarrassed. How do you tactfully wipe down people's legs and pants?

Kay B. Pierce said...

What a traumatic day. Glad all are ok. And Stacie, I laughed at your experience. Trust Kaydee.

Dean and Edith Oborn said...

hfjdkhwihej