I've been thinking about a lot of things lately. One of which is how bad I hate my carpet. If there was one major thing I'd change about my house it would be the carpet. It is too light and it shows dirt like crazy. I try to enforce a no shoes policy, but with three small kids that run around outside barefoot most of the time it doesn't seem to matter. Their small feet track in more dirt than their shoes probably do. Plus, when they invite the whole nieghborhood to join them inside my house with all thier dirty feet it's just more than I can handle. I try not to be to obsessive compulsive about it, but I am. Every time I walk out of my kitchen and through the family room, down the hall and into one of the bedrooms my eyes are just fixated on all of the dirty spots on my carpet. I feel as if it's a war I will never win. I should probably buy stock in "resolve" because I'm constantly using it.
Anyway, for months now I've wanted to have the carpet professionally cleaned, however, I didn't think Ryan would go for it. But, after months of complaining he finally agreed and Friday it happened. I can't even explain how much better I feel about the appearance of my house now that the carpet looks so much better. I actually look at it now and don't cringe. However, I've become a bit of a stickler on the shoe policy again in hopes that it will preserve the cleanliness a bit longer (here's hoping). I just don't know what I'll do when those first spots start reappearing again and with three small kids I know they will. It's a never ending cycle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I am the same way about carpets for some reason. It drives me crazy to have spots on a carpet. I have a spot on the carpet in my family room in Pleasant View. I notice it but nobody else does. I have carpet ordered for the bedrooms here to be installed after Jack goes back to Hawaii and hopefully before you guys come to visit.
I hate dirty carpet too, but it if makes you feel any better I've never noticed yours that way. I think it's funny where I live because we have super dark carpet with little specs in it so there's not a chance that you could tell if it were dirty unless someone spilled flour on it but they come do carpet cleanings every 3 months. It's nice to have that and I'm going to miss it when I have a real house and have to pay for that myself.
Yeah, we need to do that as well. My carpet isn't my favorite but it's not horrible either. But, when I can't get certain spots out, it drives me crazy as well. Also, like Michelle, I've never noticed yours being dirty.
Let's just remove the carpet and set a new trend with plywood in the living room and bedrooms. We could even paint it. Then we wouldn't have to worry about what we wear on our feet in the house.
Post a Comment